Trailer Lessons Wigan
Trailer Lessons Wigan - High Pass Rates - From £270
If you're looking for trailer lessons Wigan then you are in the right place. Do you need a B+E licence to tow a caravan, horsebox or plant trailer?
We have a range of different courses to suit everybody's need so if you have a lot of towing experience already or none at all we can help you to pass your trailer towing test. we have pre-booked driving tests close to the Wigan area so that you can pass your trailer test potentially within days.
When you pass your trailer towing test with us you will be able to drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg and tow a trailer up to 3,500kg. When you book with us today, you will benefit from the following:
- A choice of trailer test packages designed to suit your trailer experience so far.
- Friendly and highly qualified trailer test instructors.
- Use one of our vehicles and trailers for training and the test. They are fully insured and meet all the required legal standards.
- In a rush? We often have short notice courses available to meet your needs.
- Very high pass rates with our trailer training courses.
- Competitive prices with no VAT!
To discuss trailer lessons Wigan give us a call on 07802 447 283, we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please Note: Licences held From 1st January 1997:
You are not allowed to exceed the entitlement to tow trailers given on your driving licence, even if the vehicle you are driving has the capability. Your entitlement varies depending on when the licence was granted – if you passed a standard car test (category B) after 1 Jan 1997 your entitlement is more restricted than for persons who took a car test before that date.
Driving licence entitlement is calculated on potential weight – Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) – rather than actual weight. So if your entitlement allows you to tow a trailer with MAM 750kg, you cannot tow a trailer with GVW of 1,500kg that is unladen, and so only weighs 500kg. You can only tow a trailer with GVW 750kg.
If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997 and have an ordinary Category B (car licence), you can:
- drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg MAM towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM.
- Tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500 kg.
In general, this means that you cannot legally tow trailers such as: horse boxes, caravans or large trailers unless you pass the car trailer test (Category B + E).
Also, if you have been disqualified from driving and passed a test since 1st January 1997, you will have lost your entitlement to tow and you will have to pass a separate car and trailer test.
Please note: Towing a trailer when you do not have the entitlement will invalidate your insurance. This can lead to prosecution with a fine and/or penalty points on your driving licence.